Introducing this traditional style in (called Ryokan) we stayed in Hakone.
Check out BYAKUDAN 白檀
As you know that “Ryokan” is the unique style of inns that we can be proud of.
The characteristics are….
1) Take off shoes at the entrance and put their slippers on…
2) The room is traditional Japanese style with TATAMI.
3) Usually, Kimono worn staff (called Nakai-san) are assigned in each rooms for guests (I think it is like personal concierge). When you arrive Ryokan, Nakai-san is welcomes you to your room and also they serve dinner, etc…
4) Indoor & outdoor Public bath (hot spring) and sometime the room has its own outdoor bath.
5) You wear Yukata (Japanese style robe) after take Onsen (hot spring). Each room provides you Yukata.
<Our Stay at Byakudan> Address: 1297-5, Ninotaira, Hakonemachi, Ashigara shimo gun
源泉懐石 箱根強羅 白檀
TEL 0460-87-0010 FAX 0460-87-5550
We had amazing indoor bath which is 100% natural hot spring without any filtration or additive!!! This is an important point because not many Ryokan has 100% pure hot spring.
Dinner and breakfast are great and beautiful, they offer KAISEKI (traditional Japanese multiple course meal).